Blog Relaunched with KAMINEY


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



You know, it takes something to pick up the pen again. It requires more than a mental trigger to set free those thoughts and communicate them to the world again. Whatever it takes, the most important matter right now is that the break time has elapsed and the doors of expression are wide open again. I am back.


I stopped writing for a while because of various reasons. Study commitments did play a significant part but I also felt that the quality of Indian cinema was deteriorating and had very little left to offer. My heart was no longer in it, I felt lazy at the thought of writing and I thought kay Bollywood ki watt lag gayee hai.


After every decent movie, the thought did cross my mind a number of times that I should write a review again, but none of these “good” movies carried that final K.O. blow. Something was always missing for me. There have been some good movies but very little movies that stood out from the rest.


I guess I have become picky with time, maybe because I have developed an eye for quality cinema. This is a good and a bad trait. Good because I recognise the good and bad because I can’t completely enjoy as many movies any more.


Now let me get onto the movie that inspired me to write again. Kaminey.



My thoughts on Kaminey


Shahid Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra’s Kaminey - It’s been hours since I watched the film and I still can’t seem to fault any aspect of it. I enjoyed the movie so much that I couldn’t resist but to openly show my appreciation.


If the story and acting are anything to go by then Kaminey will conquer the awards at the end of the year. But Kaminey doesn’t stop there. The movie aced from a number of angles. The photography, cinematography, music and most importantly direction was perfect.


It is hard to put Kaminey under a specific genre, because it was made up of various themes. The film included a love story, action, underworld crime and even some dark comedy. However, the most striking measure of quality for me was the way the numerous parallel stories blended into one towards the climax. As a viewer I didn’t feel a split in the stories for a second. They blended together ever so smoothly. All along it felt like all the stories were one. And for this, the direction of Vishal Bhardwaj must be admired. He is a director to watch out for in the future.


The length of the movie was just right and the music was limited to the few tracks, which was good because had there been too many songs, the storyline would have lost its rhythm. The concept of the lisp and the stuttering was something new as well and it provided some moments of excellent comedy (with no offensive intended to anyone who has the disability in real life).


On this note, it would be right to say that Kaminey is definitely one of the most original movies to come out of bollywood in recent years. It is packed with attitiude from start to finish and has been executed in style. The theme music (Dhan Te Nan) will be ringing in your ears hours after the movie.


Aur iffi liye, for me Kaminey fcoref a big hit.


My rating: 9/10


0 Responses to “Blog Relaunched with KAMINEY”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Links


ATOM 0.3


Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter