Abhijeet Sawant's 'Junoon'


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Here's a first for Bollywood Ki Baatein. I've not reviewed an Indian pop album before, but with it being Indian Idol winner Abhijeet Sawant, I thought I may as well, since I was a loyal fan of his first album, which featured hit tracks such as Mohabbatein Lutaoonga, Kya Tujhe Pata Hai, and Lafzon Mein (my favourite).

Abhijeet Sawant is back with his second album titled Junoon. The title song hits off the proceedings in the album and, is playing on air at the moment. It is something different from the typical indian pop song - rather soothing to state the least. It may take a few hearings to grow on you.
However, the songs you must listen to are Ek Shaqs, Tanha (my favourite) and Meri Aankhein - three excellent songs from the new album. I've not yet got to grips with the others, but after one hearing i've declared these three songs to be sure shot hits! Without a doubt the videos for these songs will be nothing short of excellent, and that's all they require to guarantee another successful album. Everything comes in a package these days in Bollywood; without a presentable video, some good songs go unnoticed!
On this note, let me add, the song Tanha is a bit of a rip off from an Arab song, which i'm a big fan of - Nassi El Duniya by this arab male singer who's name I can't remember, but I can assure you that the music and rhythm has certainly been copied from that song - so in terms of originality this second album loses some points.
Despite that, Abhijeet Sawant's second album strikes all the right chords and is virtually a guaranteed success. India was blown away by this young boys voice in the ever famous Indian Idol competition, but now after a little break from the music scene, Abhijeet Sawant is back, with a talented team of musicians and lyricists - the guy has Sayeed Quadri (the lyricist of Tere Bin by Atif Aslam) backing him, he can't go wrong!
Verdict: Chartbuster!


0 Responses to “Abhijeet Sawant's 'Junoon'”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Links


ATOM 0.3


Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter