Bollywood - Introduction


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Here we go then, my first post of my new blog. I've decided to brush aside chatting about my life and instead focus on one thing - what my heart lies in - what my eyes crave to see - what my ears die to hear - Bollywood!

For those new to Bollywood, you will be wondering to yourself, what is Bollywood? And someone nearby will whisper "its bullshit, all you see is girl meets boy and they sing and dance around trees".



Yes, actors do still sing n dance around trees and change their costumes in songs more than once - so what!? Thats the beauty of Bollywood and for those narrowminded people out there i just want you to open your eyes a little wider and realise that Bollywood has alot more depth to it than just singing n dancing around trees. Take for instance the likes of Black, Lagaan, Swades, Musafir, Company etc etc.


It's 2006. From Sholay to Shabd - from Deewar to Devdas - from Zanjeer to Zinda, bollywood has come a looong way, but what makes me smile today is that Bollywood has not sold out to Hollywood.


It's true that stories have evolved, direction has improved and is on par with Hollywood if not better, but the beauty is that those love stories still remain, singing and dancing still remains, the lovely 'phoolon kay baagh' still remain, full of colour and beauty! (as seen in the pictures - transition from 1992 to today).

This is Bollywood.

Now officially, Welcome to Bollywood Ki Baatein


0 Responses to “Bollywood - Introduction”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Links


ATOM 0.3


Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter